Discover the Magic of the Sierra!
Carol Yeater, Broker/Owner
I relocated to this very special area in eastern Plumas County in 1990 and became a licensed real estate agent a few years later. I obtained my broker’s license in 2009 and was very happy to open my own office shortly thereafter. I am a local industry expert, and I stay on top of the ever-changing real estate market at every level.
Prior to becoming a Realtor®, I worked for eleven years as a legal assistant, which gives me a strong foundation when dealing with legal issues and a fine network of outstanding legal advisors. I am also well-versed in the workings of homeowners’ associations and common interest developments.
I am passionate about education and take every opportunity to learn about all aspects of real estate.
Real Estate Designations
- Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI)
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRI)
- Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR)
- Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
- Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource (SFR)
Involvement and Organizations
- 2002 to present: Plumas Association of Realtors® Board of Directors
- 2006 and 2015: President, Plumas Association of Realtors®
- 2011: Realtor® of the Year
- 2005 to present: State Director, California Association of Realtors®
- 2009: CAR Region 2 Chairperson
- 2012-2014: CAR Scholarship and Education Foundation. Chair in 2014
- 2015: CAR President’s Forum Vice Chair
- 2018: CAR Housing Affordability Fund Vice Chair
- Certified Residential Specialist, Northern California and Sierra Nevada Chapters
- National Association of Realtors®
- National Notary Association
- Lost Sierra Chamber of Commerce
- Keli Honore, Rental Manager
- Debbie Rinehart, Transaction Coordinator
- Jeanne Dansby, Marketing Coordinator
Marketing, Resources and Services
Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
Sierra Destination Realty is a proud member of the Plumas Association of Realtors® and the Plumas Multiple Listing Service. The MLS is our data bank regarding the property offered. This lets other agents know the property is available, and it becomes the data that you will find on real estate websites the world over.
Our website has a fresh new look. More interactive, and informative, it is the perfect venue for an intimate look at the properties we offer. We’ll also be your Lost Sierra Resource with buyer and seller tips and tools, HOA information, Events calendar, and more.
Other Internet Marketing
I am a Premiere Broker on Zillow.com, Trulia.com, and Realtor.com. That status puts Sierra Destination Realty first in the minds of consumers when they shop for area homes and homesites on the three most poplar real estate websites in the country, as well as dozens of other syndicated sites.
With special targeted marketing, my featured properties can be found almost everywhere, including major news sites, YouTube, and social media.
- Professional Photography – Part of our marketing team includes a professional photographer who provides many of the photos we feature on our listings
- Virtual Tour – Virtual tours and video walk-throughs are popular among home buyers and are an integral part of our residential listings.
- Print flyers – While most people get their information from the internet, we still have plenty of buyers who like to have something to hold. Our full-color professional flyers will make your home stand out and give buyers the information they want when looking for a home.
- E-blasts – 90 percent of home buyers start their search on the internet. With our vibrant lead-generation program we are able to send targeted email advertising to the people who want it the most.
- Broker’s Tour – When you list with Sierra Destination Realty, your home will be placed on broker’s tour, where local area agents get an intimate look at the property and provide feedback on staging and pricing.
- Open House – If we feel it will be effective for a specific property, we schedule open houses at strategic times for additional exposure and lead generation.
There are lots of great tools, trends, and programs out there for real estate marketing, but we have found that our best advertising comes by word-of-mouth from our friends and neighbors, our clients past and present, and visitors who come for the incredible recreation opportunities or a stay at one of our vacation rentals.
We conduct our business ethically and enthusiastically and have a reputation for quality.
Going Above and Beyond
Sierra Destination Realty does more than just sell houses. We provide outstanding services before, during, and after the sale. We want to be your eastern Plumas resource:
- From inspectors to contractors, out-of-area Realtors® Referral Network, and more, we have a list of proven and reliable service providers; and we’ll help you find the right person for the job
- Serve as liaison with homeowners associations, government departments, and other local entities
- Long-term rental and vacation property management services
- Complimentary client notary services
- Fee-based winter house check services; email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Tools We Use
We have examined the trends, reviewed the systems, and talked with the experts to bring proven, effective tools that work on your behalf.
- Zipforms – We provide the best consumer protections available by using Zipforms transaction documents provided through the California Association of Realtors®. From listing to purchase and beyond, we protect you by using what are arguably the finest contracts, advisories, and disclosures in the world.
- Realtors Property Resource – This national property database gives us in-depth insight on pricing, sales, schools, jobs and more, giving us the information we need to help you make informed decisions, whether you’re buying or selling your property.
- CAR Hotlines – As Realtors®, we have access to the incredible California Association of Realtors® Legal Hotline. This enables us to consult with outstanding real estate attorneys at no charge. The CAR Lender Hotline assists with all aspects of the loan process and distressed property values.
- National Referral Network – Need a Realtor® somewhere else? Let us help. We have access to competent, highly-ranked Realtors® throughout the country who can help. We will interview and provide you with three referrals so you can then choose which one is the best fit for you.